Athlete Spotlight: Quinn Killeen

PHOTO COURTESY OF SCRANTON ATHLETICS
QUINN KILLEEN looks for an opening against King’s College on March 8. The first-year attackman scored the game-winning goal on Susquehanna on Saturday, securing a Landmark Conference playoff spot.

Jill Wall

Sports Co-Editor

Men’s lacrosse’s Quinn Killeen scored the game-winning goal that secured the Royals a playoff spot in Saturday’s come-from-behind victory over Susquehanna University, earning him the title of Athlete of the Week.

There was 8:34 remaining in the game when the first-year attack put in the go-ahead goal that not only captured Saturday’s victory for the Royals, but secured the team a fourth seed spot in the Landmark Conference playoffs, which begin May 3.

The goal was Killeen’s second of the game and fourth of the season.

The team is back in action on Saturday April 29, when they will wrap up regular season play against Washington & Jefferson College at noon on Fitzpatrick Field.

Q: When and how did you start playing lacrosse?

A: I started playing lacrosse in the first grade by participating in classes at the YMCA and playing in summer tournaments.

Q: Why did you choose to come play at The University?

A: I chose to play lacrosse at The University because it was the perfect fit for me. The great academics and the hard working lacrosse team was exactly what I was looking for.

Q: Do you have any pre-game rituals?

A: I don’t really have any pre-game rituals, but I cannot play without tucking my laces into my cleats.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish in lacrosse by the time you graduate?

A: Bring the Landmark championship back to Scranton.

Q: Who has been your biggest mentor/role model?

A: My biggest mentors have probably been my parents.