by Kelsey Wynn | Editor in Chief
SCRANTON – General Manager and Chief Station Operator of 99.5 WUSR FM Scranton James Riley released a list of new regular radio shows scheduled for the fall semester, separate from the station’s usual alternative rock format.
The shows will run weekly throughout the semester, and are run primarily by students of John Kilker, assistant professor of communication, who teaches COMM 221: Radio Production, a course that examines dynamic roles of audio producers and directors in fields such as radio, music, film, news and advertising.
WUSR Alternate Show Schedule:
- Pell Radio Reading Service for the Blind – 8 to 10 a.m. weekdays
- DJ Alt K with The Millennial Hour – 7 p.m. Monday
- Country – 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Abdominable Snowman Fitness Power Hour – 11 a.m. Thursday
- Relationships – noon on Saturday
- Hip-hop – midnight to 6 a.m. weekdays and 8 p.m. Saturday to 2 a.m. Sunday
- Polkas with John Lucas – 7 to 9 a.m. Sunday
- Broadway and Soundtracks – 9 a.m. to noon Sunday
99.5 WUSR FM Scranton a student-run, non-commercial radio station owned by the University of Scranton, which broadcasts over 700 square miles of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Their mission is to provide provide student-driven, alternative radio programming unlike what is currently offered in the Northeastern Pennsylvania area.