The Jesuit Cinderella story that baffles basketball fans

The Jesuit Cinderella story that baffles basketball fans By Jackson Feiner | Staff Writer If you’ve been online or turned on the news in the last couple of weeks, chances are you have probably heard of the St. Peter’s Peacock’s historic Cinderella story in the NCAA March Madness Tournament. St. Peter’s University is a small […]

Aquinas Book Review: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Aquinas Book Review: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks Isabella Barberio | Staff Writer As a long time fan of romance novels, I have always loved Nicholas Sparks. I have read The Notebook multiple times and it never fails to have a timeless storyline. When I started The Wedding I knew I would love it just […]

Eric Smith: Who is he and what did he do?

Eric Smith: Who is he and what did he do? Isabella Barberio | Staff Writer Eric Smith was just 13 years old when he murdered 4-year-old Derrick Robie in Savona, New York. His story made national headlines and the jury unanimously found Smith guilty of second-degree murder. After luring Robie into the Steuben County woods, […]

Royal makes history at International English Honor Convention

Royal makes history at International English Honor Convention By Julia Gavigan | Copy Editor A senior University of Scranton student won an award for their original work at the International English Honor Society Convention. Sigma Tau Delta, the international English honor society, hosted The Sigma Tau Delta 2022 International Convention which was held March 30 […]

‘Hard Work’ Powers Zientek to All-D3 Team

‘Hard Work’ Powers Zientek to All-D3 Team By Luke Shannon | Sports Editor In a week where his team went 3-0 against Ithaca and conference opponent Moravian, Corey Zientek earned national recognition for his role in those games. The sophomore outfielder had 8 hits in 12 at-bats for a .667 batting average over the week. […]

Dialogue participants discuss what freedom means to them

Dialogue participants discuss what freedom means to them By Erin MacKay SCRANTON- City Public Health Coordinator, Rachna Saxena, said she wants to find out more about what is going on in the world. “I am here to learn and find out what is going on, to hear the views of other people and to learn […]

Alice V. Leahy Food Pantry Open to University Community

Alice V. Leahy Food Pantry Open to University Community By Kelly Nee | Managing Editor SCRANTON – The Alice V. Leahy Food Pantry is an on-campus resource open to students, faculty and staff in need, as well as residents of the greater Scranton area. The pantry is stocked with typical canned and boxed goods, in addition […]

Dr. Reavy Celebration Of Life

Dr. Reavy Celebration Of Life By Kelly Nee | Managing Editor The Celebration of Life event for Matthew Reavy, Ph.D. will take place April 1 at 3 p.m. in The Moskowitz Theater of The DeNaples Center. All students of the communication department are invited, as well as department alumni, all university faculty and staff, and Dr. […]

Clothesline for Men Offers Volunteering Opportunities

Clothesline for Men Offers Volunteering Opportunities By James Leonard | News Editor SCRANTON – University students are within feet from a new volunteering opportunity. The Clothesline For Men is a satellite of Scranton’s Friends Of The Poor initiative where individuals can come and pick out clothing and hygienic supplies to use to get back into […]

Dr. Reavy Tribute

Dr. Reavy Tribute A tribute to Dr. Reavy, our beloved advisor and mentor.